Abridged Student Regulations
- Students may not park motor vehicles in faculty/staff parking lots on the Mountaintop, Goodmam, or Asa Packer Campus during the restricted hours between 6:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., weekdays. During these hours, students may only park on the lower campus at the green, short-term parking meters or the gold meters in the Farrington Square garage by paying the meter rate, or in the Zoellner Arts Center parking garage by paying the entry fee. Students are prohibited from parking at the brown parking meters during restricted hours. Lower campus is defined as the northern part of the campus bounded by University Avenue, Taylor Street, Brodhead Avenue, and Morton Street.
- Students may park in Faculty/Staff areas, Monday through Thursday during non-restricted hours, 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. and Friday, 4:00 p.m. through Monday 6:00 a.m., with a valid Lehigh University permit.
- Students, faculty, staff and visitors may only park at blue meters if they are displaying a state issued Handicapped Plate or hangtag or a Lehigh issued hangtag. The meter rates must be paid - $1.00 per hour.
- Illegal use of a permit (e.g. using another student's permit or duplicating or altering a Lehigh University permit in any way, etc.), carries a fine of $150.00.
- If there are no white lines, parking is not permitted.
- Students may either appear in person at the Parking Services office or follow the instructions on the registration form mailed to their home address during the summer to request an annual permit. There are various permit options available for undergrad and students
- Changes in license plates must be reported immediately to Parking Services.
- It is the responsibility of the individual to display a valid parking permit on his/her vehicle whenever parked on any Lehigh University owned property. In cases when an individual forgets to bring his/her parking permit to campus, the vehicle must either be parked at a meter, and the meter fee paid, or parked in the Zoellner Arts Center parking garage at $4.00 per entry. A temporary permit can be obtained from Parking Services until the requested permit can be displayed.
- The responsibility of the permit owner is to safeguard his/her parking permit as any other valuable. Locking your vehicle at all times is a good way to deter theft of your permit and other valuables which may be in your vehicle. In cases where a permit is stolen, a Campus Police report must be filed. In cases where a permit is lost, it must be reported to Parking Services. Permit registrants are responsible for all violations incurred on their permit prior to notification being received by the Parking Services office of lost or stolen permits. The student replacement permit fees are full price, payable in full prior to a replacement permit being issued. For more information, please contact Parking Services.
Complete Parking Regulations