Security is a collective responsibility. The University and the residential community are both concerned about and responsible for the safety and security of graduate housing. There are some things which each resident can do to help:
- Do not prop open section or building doors for any reason.
- Always lock your apartment door and carry your keys.
- Do not admit unknown or unidentified people to locked sections or buildings. Residents who have a legitimate reason to seek admission to a building should be willing to show their ID.
- If there are people found in the buildings that are unknown or unidentified, report the situation to a staff member or to the Lehigh University Police. It is mandatory that any resident present a Lehigh ID card upon the request of any University community official. Refusal to do so can result in disciplinary action.
- Try not to lose your ID card or room key; and never loan them to others. If keys or ID card are lost or stolen, contact the IDEAL Office and Lehigh University Police immediately.
- Report all incidents of theft or damage to the Office of Residential Services.
Residents are provided one set of keys (1 key in traditional housing and 2 keys in suite/apartment housing).
Key(s) issued to an individual may not be given to anyone who is not a resident of the particular room/building. All persons involved in such a transaction will be subject to disciplinary action.
It is against regulations to duplicate keys. All keys must be issued through the Offices of Residential Services or the IDEAL Office. The unauthorized possession, alteration, or defacement of any key and the illegal entry of any room by any means are strictly forbidden under penalty of disciplinary action up to and including expulsion from the university.
A resident locked out of his/her room, Monday through Friday between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m., can borrow a key from the IDEAL Office. The resident will be issued a temporary key. The resident has 24 hours to return the temporary key to the IDEAL Office. If the temporary key is not returned, the student's ID card (access only) will be deactivated and a lock change will be scheduled.
After business hours, residents can call the Gryphon on call for lockout assistance. The Gryphon on call number is posted on staff office and Gryphon doors throughout each building. After the first lockout, all lockouts have a fee associated with them.
Lost keys must be reported to the IDEAL Office within 24 hours.
Lost or stolen keys as well as temp keys which are not returned within 24 hours will result in a lock change. Once the lock is changed, a $50 fee will be charged to the Bursar account of the leaseholder. It is the resident’s responsibility, in the event of a lock change, to pick up his/her key(s) within 24 hours of the lock change occurring from the IDEAL Office.
ID Card Policies
ID cards will only operate the doors in the area(s) to which the student has been authorized to access. Attempts to use a card in area(s) other than those authorized will be monitored and may subject the student to disciplinary action.
If an ID card becomes de-magnetized, worn or broken and stops working due to normal wear and tear, the card should be taken to the IDEAL Office for exchange.
Lost or Stolen ID Card Policy
If your ID card is lost or stolen during regular office hours, contact the IDEAL Office (610-758-5843) immediately to deactivate your card. A replacement ID card may be obtained at the IDEAL Office during regular office hours. If your ID card is lost or stolen after regular office hours or on the weekend, Log on the Campus Portal, My Lehigh tab, My GoldPLUS channel, to deactivate any access on your ID card. Contact the LUPD to gain access to your building after hours.