We recognize that because many people were recently quarantined or placed into isolation recently, some might need to extend check out dates beyond Nov. 23, 2020. If you need to extend your check out date, log into your Housing and Dining Self-Service, select Personal Information on the left side of the page, select My Info; Fall 2020. Enter your new check out date to extend your residence hall access*. We do ask that students leave campus within 24 hours of when their quarantine/isolation period ends. Requests for check out extensions must be made by 9 AM on Monday, November 23rd.
*If you are in isolation and you choose to leave before your isolation end date, you must leave campus from Trembley Park. You may not go into your residence hall. Arrangements can be made to access your room during the break period to retrieve belongings by contacting Housing Services 48 business hours in advance.
The university will close all undergraduate Residence Halls at 3 p.m. on Monday, Nov. 23, 2020. All residential student access will be deactivated at that time. You are able to move out at any time prior to that deadline. Please complete each step in the Fall 2020 Closing process using the links no later than Friday, Nov. 13, 2020 at noon.
Step 1 (required): Notify Housing Services of when you plan to leave campus for Fall 2020 Closing. This information is used to keep an accurate, up-to-date roster of on-campus students and can be changed at any time prior to your departure.
- If you are planning to return to on-campus housing for the Spring 2021 semester, you can leave your belongings in your room and retain your room key.
- If you are not returning or are unsure if you will be returning, we ask that you remove all belongings from the room and return your key to the drop box outside of the IDEAL Office, or in the lobby of the University Police Department. If you are in need of shipping or storage services, you can contact one of the three Lehigh-approved companies that have provided these services to our students in the past.
Step 2 (optional): Apply for Break Housing.
- Semester Break Housing will be available to students who cannot leave campus for all or any part of the break due to extenuating circumstances, such as international students who cannot return to their home country.
- Click here for more information about Break Housing.
Step 3 (required): Fill out your Intent for Spring Housing Information.
- All students living on campus in Fall 2020 are required to complete this information.
- Data collected through this survey will enable us to offer housing to students in the spring based on the vacancies we identify.
- Please complete this survey no later than Friday, Nov. 13, 2020, at noon.
Step 4: (Optional): If you are interested in a room change for Spring 2021, apply to the Room Change Waiting List.
- Anyone requesting a room change should make plans to move out all of their belongings at the close of the fall semester.
- Spaces will be limited, but we will do our best to accommodate students on the waiting list based on room availability.
SPRING 2021 MOVE-IN
- Classes are scheduled to begin on Monday, Feb. 1, 2021.
- Return to campus will require a COVID-19 testing protocol and may require a 14-day quarantine if students traveled from a state declared a “hotspot” by the state of Pennsylvania.
- We anticipate that the move-in process will take place 1-5 days prior to the start of spring classes. Information regarding specific arrival dates and the move-in process for the Spring 2021 semester will be shared after the completion of the fall semester. Please do not make travel arrangements until full details are provided.
Please email email@example.com with any questions.