Important Information from Lehigh University Office of the Bursar regarding Fall 2022
We are writing to share important information about the billing process, payment options and more important information regarding financial obligations at Lehigh. Please read this information in its entirety to ensure that you are prepared for the billing statement and are ready to fulfill your financial obligations for your educational expenses. Failure to comply with these obligations may result in you being dropped from courses or being placed on hold for registering for future semesters.
1. Billing Statements: Will be sent online; Set up authorized user(s); Payment due August 1
Fall billing statements will be available on the e-Bill suite the week of July 11th. The bill for the fall semester will be due on August 1st, unless you are participating in the payment plan (see below for more information on this option).
IMPORTANT - Students need to add any individuals who will be assisting with tuition payments as an authorized user on the e-Bill suite. This should be completed by July 8th to ensure that all authorized users receive the Fall Semester billing notification. Authorized users will have their own log in credentials and are not permitted to log in using the student's user ID and password.
Students and all authorized users will be notified via email when a new billing statement is available to view. This is the only method we will use to send billing statements.
2. Fall Semester 3 Payment Plan (3PP): Application and 1st Payment due August 1st.
The 3 Payment Plan is optional. The 3PP option allows you to spread the semester's balance over three equal monthly installments. There is a $25 application fee to participate in the 3PP. If you choose to participate, the application along with the first installment payment is due August 1st. The application is not considered received/complete if the first installment payment is not received. Applications received after the August 1st deadline will be subject to a $50 application fee.
Should you choose not to participate in the optional 3PP, your balance for the fall semester will be due on August 1, 2022. A new payment plan must be completed each semester.
3. STUDENT HEALTH INSURANCE:
Graduate students who are required by University policy to have health insurance are automatically charged the premium for the Lehigh University Student Health Insurance Plan at the start of fall term. Students are required to either Waive or Confirm Enrollment in the Health Insurance Plan by the deadline. Students must waive/enroll annually. Domestic students covered under another insurance policy, may waive the University’s policy and the $2,259 premium by logging onto web site www.universityhealthplans.com and providing information about their existing insurance coverage. Students must waive the insurance annually. All F-1 and J-1 international students are not permitted to waive the Lehigh Student Insurance policy unless the student is covered under a family member’s U.S. plan or foreign government insurance plan. International students should contact Lehigh’s Office of International Students & Scholars (610) 758-4859 to verify if they qualify for a waiver.
- Graduate students who are required by University policy to have health insurance will automatically be billed for the insurance premium. If you waive the University’s insurance coverage by July 1st, this charge will be reversed on your July fall semester billing statement.
- Confirmation of Enrollment in the insurance coverage offered by Lehigh University will activate your policy earlier enabling you to obtain prescriptions and medical services sooner.
- If you do not waive the University’s insurance coverage by July 31st, the $2,259 insurance premium will be due immediately. Students waiving the University’s insurance after July 31st are subject to a $25 late processing fee. Students who do not waive or pay for the insurance policy fee will have their academic records closed and may be in jeopardy of having their registration dropped.
- For those not already registered for Fall, please allow 1 business day for eligibility data to be sent to UHP's site once you meet the requirements (if you register for classes today, you can enroll or waive tomorrow).
- Payroll deduction forms for health insurance due September 20th. Graduate students receiving assistantship or fellowship payments through the University have the option of paying for health insurance with payroll deductions. To request this optional payroll deduction, complete the Graduate Student Health Insurance Payroll Deduction Form. Note: Just like waiving or enrolling in the Health Insurance, Payroll Deduction must be completed annually. Forms for Annual or Fall insurance must be submitted by Sept 20th each year.
4. Employer Deferment Due August 1st or at the time of registration
If your graduate tuition at Lehigh University is reimbursed to you by your employer, you can request a deferment of the payment of your graduate tuition. If you choose to participate, please complete the Graduate Tuition Deferment Request with all student information, as well as the Payment and Deferment Calculation. There is a $50 fee each time you wish to have your tuition deferred. The deferment is for your tuition only. The deferment fee and any other charges on the student account must be paid in full by the August 1st due date in order to complete registration. Forms received after the August 1st due date are subject to late payment fees. If you register after the fall billing or after the fall due date, the deferment is due by the August 1st due date or at the time of registration.
5. Tuition Awards
For Lehigh Graduate students who are having their tuition paid by a university department award, such as TA, GA, RA, or a Research Account should complete a Tuition/Award Form. It is the student's responsibility to reach out to their department if the proper paperwork is completed and the credit is not showing on their student account to avoid any late fees. If there are tuition awards not yet posted on your account (and the proper paperwork is complete) please complete the Bursar payment worksheet.
6. Class Registration after the Fall Billing
If you register for classes after the Fall billing is generated the week of July 11th, payment is due on August 1st or at the time of registration if registration occurs after the August 1st due date to avoid a $200 late fee.
7. Payment Options: Allow for adequate processing time to be received by the due date
- Check/Online Check: Bills may be paid via check. Save time and money by taking advantage of the online check option available on the e-Bill suite. Individuals who will be assisting with tuition payments must be added as an authorized suer on the e-Bill suite by the student in order to have access to this option. There are no fees for this service. Paper checks, money orders, or cashier's checks can be mailed to the Bursar's Office. Be sure to give adequate time when mailing a paper check. Please be sure to include the student's name and LIN on the check. Checks received after the due day are subject to a $200 late fee.
- 529 Payments: If you are paying your balance with funds from a 529 account, you should request the check no later than two weeks prior to the bill due date. This will allow for adequate time for us to receive and process the payment. A $200 late fee may be assessed for a 529 payment that is not received by our due date. Please be sure to include the student's name and LIN on the check.
- Credit Card Payments: Credit card payments are accepted and handled through PayPath, a tuition payment service. This service allows you to make real-time Credit or Debit card payments to your student account. PayPath accepts most major Credit/Debit cards for your convenience. PayPath will charge you a non-refundable service charge of 2.85% (minimum of $3.00) which will be added to your card payment. Lehigh University does not receive any portion of this service charge. Please note that Lehigh accepts the online check payment option free of charge.
- Flywire (For International Students): Lehigh University has partnered with Flywire to offer our international students the ability to make international wire payments. Flywire allows you to pay securely from almost any country and any bank, generally in your home currency. Please visit our website for more information.
- Financial Aid: Financial aid in the form of grants, scholarships or loans that you have been offered should be reflected on your billing statement. If you are receiving financial aid that is not reflected on the bill, you should review any outstanding requirements on your Lehigh Portal. If you are applying for additional loads to cover your outstanding balance, be sure to have all approvals in place prior to the billd ue date to allow for processing by the financial aid office. If you have any financial aid or other resources that do not appear on your bill, you will be required to complete the Bursar Payment Worksheet by the billing due date, which allows you to account for financial aid that is not already accounted for on your invoice.
NOTE: Federal Aid will display as authorized or memoed aid on your bill. Prior to this year, this aid was not reflected on your bill. Authorized or memoed aid were listed on the bill, but not subtracted from the Amount Due.
Any question about financial aid eligibility or additional financing options should be directed to the Office of Financial Aid.
8. Refunds: Set up your bank account information to receive electronic refunds
In the event that your total credits (i.e. payments, financial aid, etc.) exceed your total billed expenses, you may be eligible to receive a refund. We process refunds using the E-refund process in the e-Bill suite. All STUDENTS (authorized users do not have this capability) should set up their information by selecting the "Electronic Refunds" icon under My Profile Setup in the the e-Bill suite. You will have the option to use an existing ACH profile, or create a new one. Note: Refund profiles must be associated with a U.S. bank account and cannot be set up using a credit or debit card.
We hope you find this information helpful in your financial planning for the semester. If you have any further questions that are not addressed in this email, you can visit our website for more information. You can also contact us via email at email@example.com, live chat (available during normal business hours) or by calling us at 610-758-3160.