If a student is locked out of their room, these procedures should be followed:
1. Find a roommate so that he/she can let you in to retrieve your key.
2. Locate a Residence Life staff member (Gryphon) in your building.
3. During business hours (7:00 am- 5:00 pm) go to the IDEAL Office. Upon presenting and ID, you will be given a temporary key to your room. You will have one working day's grace period to return the temporary key.
4. Between the hours of 5:00 pm- 8:00 pm call the University Police at 610-758-4200 for assistance.
5. Between the hours of 8:00 pm and 7:00 am Monday-Friday and all weekend long,
call the Gryphon on duty cell phone for your building/area. Gryphon on
duty cell phone numbers are posted on the staff office doors. If you do
not know the Gryphon on duty cell phone number for your building/area,
The student will not receive a charge for the first lockout. Continued lockouts throughout the academic year will result in the following charges: 2nd lockout = $30 service fee; 3rd and each additional lockout = $65 service fee and a referral to the conduct process.