Lehigh University
Lehigh University

You are here

Frequently Asked Questions for Graduate Housing


Who is eligible to live in University Graduate Student Housing?

Registered full-time graduate students and married undergraduate students are eligible for graduate student housing.

How do I apply for housing?

Fill out an application.

When should I apply for housing?

The best time to apply for housing is during one of our three lotteries . Students should submit an application during that time to be assigned a lottery number. All other times students are welcome to submit an application but will be placed on our waiting list.

Can I see an apartment?

Unfortunately, apartments are not available for viewing. The transition between residents is very fast, and that time is spent doing renovations. Information on the apartments and pictures are available under Apartment Information section for Saucon Village, Packer and 230 W. Packer.

When will I receive an offer?

Most assignments are made the week immediately after the lottery closes. Offers are continually sent out throughout the semester as apartments become available for those on our waiting list.

Am I guaranteed housing on-campus?

Lehigh has a limited number of housing opportunities for graduate students. Students are encouraged to apply during the lottery and submit a flexible application to increase their chances of an offer.  

How do I schedule a lease signing?

New residents should call the Office of Housing Services at 610 758 3500 to schedule a day to sign their lease. Lease signings last approximately one hour and this leaves time for any questions by the students. Students should do this in advance to ensure they can move in on the day they choose. Students will receive the keys on the same day their lease is signed and begin their contract with Lehigh University.




When is the rent due?

The rent is due and payable to the Bursar by the first day of each month. You can pay your bill online.

How can I report a maintenance problem?

Contact Facilities Services at 610-758-3940 to report any problems or submit a maintenance work order on-line. All requests will be addressed within 48 hours. Emergency maintenance after hours can be direct to the LUPD. 

If I am locked out of my apartment, can someone let me in?

During business hours (Monday – Friday 8:15 a.m. – 4:45 p.m.), come to Housing Services to check out a key or ID. After business hours, call LUPD at 610-758-4200. You should review the lock out policy online for additional information.

What can I do about noisy neighbors?

You should try to talk with your neighbors. The policy in your lease agreement follows:

Loud music and disruptive noise infringes upon the rights of others to study, to sleep or to carry on necessary duties and functions at the University. For these reasons, quiet hours are observed in all University housing. Quiet hours are from 10:00 p.m. to 8:00 a.m. Sunday through Thursday and from 12:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. on Friday and Saturday. Outside of the designated quiet hours, occupant is expected to respond to reasonable requests from other residents to reduce noise if it is infringing upon others. Stereo speakers and/or amplification devices shall not be placed in windows with sound directed outside. At any and all times, musical instruments are not permitted to be played in a manner that infringes upon another Occupant’s ability to study or sleep.

I am the lease holder in Saucon Village and I have a new roommate?

It is the lease holder’s responsibility to keep their apartment information accurate with Residential Services. Any roommates or family that will be staying longer than two weeks need to be registered with the Office of Housing Services and have a completed roommate form in their file. Residents in a single efficiency apartment are not eligible to have anyone stay longer than two weeks and all residents need to follow fire code.  

I live in Packer House or 230 W. Packer and I want to have a guest visit overnight?  

All overnight guests in Packer and 230 W. Packer need to register using the Overnight Guest Form. Guests are limited to a maximum of three nights.

My roommate (the lease holder) is moving. Can I keep my apartment?

Unfortunately, lease transfers are not permitted. You will need to apply for housing to secure a new apartment. If one is available, you will receive an offer. Planning ahead is important in this process.

Can I install a personal A/C in my apartment?

For those apartments that do not have a Lehigh supplied A/C unit, residents are able to purchase a unit and Lehigh will install it for a charge. To read more visit our page called AC install in Saucon Village.

How do I cancel my contract?

In order to terminate the Contract, an Occupant must send a petition to the Housing Services requesting termination. Residents are required to provide 30 days’ notice or pay the responsible fees. Residents that break a contract will not have their security deposit returned. Resident should read and follow all check-out procedures. Information can be found on this page to cancel your PPL Electric, forwarding your mail, removing your personal A/C unit and selling personal items.

Where do I find information on Parking Services?

Residents can find information on Parking in Saucon Village and Packer/230 W. Packer on our website.

Can the University enter my apartment?

University personnel reserve the right to enter any apartment or room at any time for the purpose of routine maintenance, inspections, repairs, in order to verify occupancy, or to respond to an emergency or crisis situation. University staff is responsible for reporting violations of Lehigh University policy to the Lehigh University Police and/or appropriate University officials.