Ending Your Lease:
- If your contract is ending and you plan to move out, send an email to Housing Services to let them know you are not renewing your contract.
- If you are leaving before your lease is ending you need to submit a petition to cancel your contract to the Office of Housing Services
At Least Two Weeks Prior to Moving Out: (Saucon Village Residents Only)
- Air Conditioners: For personal air conditioner(s) removal, call Facilities Services at 610-758-3940 to place a work order at least two weeks prior to your move out. Personal air conditioner(s) need to be taken with you when you check-out.
- Electric: Call PPL Electric Utilities (1-800-342-5775) to disconnect your electricity prior to your move. If you do not disconnect the service, PPL will continue to bill you for electric usage and will hold you responsible for payment.
At Least One Week Prior to Moving Out: (All Residents)
- Mail: To avoid mail service interruption, submit your change of address on line at: http://moversguide.usps.com. Note you will not have access to your mailbox after you move out.
- Update your address with the university online; Update Personal Info (https://ras.lehigh.edu/content/update-personal-info) This is important to make sure you receive graduation documents, future information from the university and security deposit refunds.
- Selling of Personal Property: If you wish to sell any items before moving, you should do so on Lehigh’s online system (LUNA) well in advance. Posting of signs on the doors or bulletin boards is not permitted.
Day of Move Out:
- Apartment Condition: The apartment should be cleaned and all personal belongings should be removed, including items in your kitchen cabinets and storage lockers. All items in your apartment must be removed by your check out date. Lehigh University is not responsible for any personal property left in the apartment after your lease ends.
- Keys: For Saucon Village residents, place all keys (except for the apartment key) inside the apartment on the kitchen counter. Lock the apartment door and push the apartment key underneath the door. For Packer residents, place all keys on your desk and lock the door behind you.
Your apartment will be inspected 1-3 days after your lease ends. Any damages, including but not limited to items left, trash, or holes in the wall will be taken from your security deposit. You will be sent an email to your Lehigh address with the results of your inspection and ways in which your security deposit can be returned.