Ending Your Lease:
- If you are leaving before your lease is ending you need to submit a petition to cancel your contract to the Office of Housing Services
At Least Two Weeks Prior to Moving Out: (Saucon Village Residents Only)
- Electric: You must submit your disconnect service date to PPL prior to your move. Log in to your PPL account or call PPL Electric Utilities (1-800-342-5775) to notify them of your move.
- Mail: To avoid mail service interruption, submit your change of address on line at: http://moversguide.usps.com. Note you will not have access to your mailbox after you move out.
At Least One Week Prior to Moving Out: (All Residents)
- Update your address with the university online at: https://ras.lehigh.edu/content/update-personal-info. This is important to make sure you receive graduation documents and security deposit refunds.
- Update your address for any packages you may be sending such as Amazon.
- Selling of Personal Property: If you wish to sell any items before moving, you should do so on Lehigh’s online system (LUNA) well in advance. Posting of signs on the doors or bulletin boards is not permitted.
Day of Move Out (by 5 pm):
- Apartment Condition: The apartment should be cleaned and all personal belongings should be removed, including items in your kitchen cabinets and storage lockers. All items in your apartment must be removed by your move out date. Lehigh University is not responsible for any personal property left in the apartment after your lease ends.
- Cable Boxes: Leave all cable equipment (boxes, cards, remotes) in the apartment upon move-out.
- Keys: For Saucon Village residents, place keys issued to you/roommates (except for 1 apartment key) inside the apartment on the kitchen counter. Lock the apartment door and push the apartment key underneath the door. For Packer and 230 West Packer residents, place all keys on your desk and lock the door behind you. Note: Card access will end at 5 pm on your scheduled move-out date.
Your apartment will be inspected 1-3 days after your lease ends. Any damages, including but not limited to items left, trash, or holes in the wall will be taken from your security deposit. The results of your inspection and security deposit details will be sent to your Lehigh email address.