Lehigh University
Lehigh University

You are here

Disability Related Housing Requests

Air Conditioning: If you have a medical condition that requires you to have air conditioning in your room as part of your prescribed treatment, it must be documented in advance. The attending physician must fill out the Medical Form for an Air Conditioner and return it to Housing Services prior to the start of your housing process. Most residence hall rooms cannot accommodate air conditioners. The university has upgraded electrical capabilities and installed air conditioners in a limited number of residence hall rooms to accommodate students with this need.

No carpet: The attending physician must send a detailed letter to Housing Services outlining medical needs.

Disability Housing Requests: Outside of a medical need for air conditioner or no carpet, all disability related requests must be registered through the Office of Disability Support Services. Accommodations will only be considered if you are a student with a documented disability and require a modified housing arrangement due to your disability. You must complete the Disability Housing Request form and provide current and comprehensive documentation to the Office of Disability Support Services prior to the start of your housing process. This information will be kept strictly confidential.

If you are unsure whether you qualify for specialized housing due to a disability condition, please  contact Academic Support Services for a confidential consultation.

Medical documentation that is received after the start of your housing process will result in relocation if facilities required to meet the medical need are available.