Updated May 29: COVID-19 Housing Information
We continue to follow guidance from state and local health officials monitoring the coronavirus and are in the process of working to better understand state and federal guidance around the timeline for resuming university operation.
Below you will find information about summer housing for students currently living on campus.
Summer housing is only available to those who are currently living on campus, apply for summer housing, and are approved. The cost is $1200 for summer housing.
Beginning in early June, we will be consolidating all students remaining on campus into 1-2 locations. At this time we do not have locations determined. Once we see the numbers of students who sign up for summer housing, we will begin to make assessments and notify you of locations by May 22, 2020. We do not anticipate asking anyone to move before June 1, 2020.
If for any reason you need to adjust your date, please contact us immediately so we can work with you.
As a part of reserving summer housing, you must agree to the following:
1. University policies that apply to living in the residence halls as stated in the General Provisions for Student Occupancy will be in effect. Violation of any of these policies can result in immediate suspension of the privilege to stay in the University operated housing facilities and possible disciplinary action.
2. You should follow all check out information including returning your key. Check out information will be sent to you 3-5 business days before your check out date.
3. All charges are placed through the Bursar's Office before May 15, 2020. Adjustments to charges will be made within 3-5 business days after check out.
4. Cancellation must be made 48 hours in advance of change date or a 1 day charge will apply.
5. Cancellations made after the move out day will result in the date of notification being used for charge adjustments.
Frequently Asked Questions (Updated 4.30.20 at 5:24 p.m.)
- What if my date for leaving changes?
- What if my status changes (i.e. I can no longer leave)?
- What do I do with my key when I finish moving out?
- Is there storage available?
- WHAT IF I CAN’T AFFORD THE COST OF Temporary or Summer Housing?
Email Housing Services with your new date as soon as possible.Back to Questions
Email Housing Services with your request to change your summer housing needs assessment as soon as possible.Back to Questions
Keys can be returned to the drop box at the University Police Station Lobby on Packer Avenue. Please place the room key in one of the envelopes located next to the drop box and note your name and room number on the envelope before depositing it in the drop box.Back to Questions
Students on campus can contact Dorm Room Movers for all storage needs.
Students who have financial concerns about temporary or summer housing should complete the Emergency Aid form to request support.